Head of Engineering
Mentmore is currently recruiting for a Head of Engineering for our client, a leading organisation, who are undertaking a large-scale programme. They are looking to bring on board an experienced Head of Engineering who has strong experiences in leading large, multi-year, business-critical Engineering Systems technology solutions and leadership skills.
- Responsible for new technology to transform our Engineering systems applications management.
- Drive continuous improvements across different application technologies
- You will set the technology strategy and direction for our applications; partners with business partners and influences overall strategy
- Develops and implements technology vision and operating plans; sets direction based on alignment to business strategy and technology opportunities
- SDLC methodologies – Waterfall, Agile & DevOps solutions delivery models
- Provides leadership to SAFe agile and teams continuous improvement.
- Manages relationship with Application vendors & SI partners, influencing technology roadmaps and contract negotiations
- Represents the CIO organization in program executive steering committees or project management board
- Ensures system, technical and product architectures are aligned with business objectives
- Defines performance objectives and development plans for team members and ensures alignment with department objectives.
- 10+ years’ experience working in the technology industry.
- Experience leading large, multi-year, business-critical Engineering Systems technology solutions
- Significant experiences of SDLC methodologies – Waterfall, Agile & DevOps solutions delivery models
- Must have 5 years working experience in a leadership role.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science/engineering or in related field
- Strong software product development background