Sr. Data Engineer
Mentmore are currently supporting a rapidly growing FTSE 100 organisation across a large-scale global programme and seeking an experienced Senior Data Engineer to come on board with extensive Google Cloud and AWS experiences. They are on a CEO sponsored digital transformation journey using data to drive decisions around sales, marketing, manufacturing and supply chain. Data and cloud are at the heart of this journey.
- Architect and help build data systems and data pipeline engineering on cloud platforms.
- Modern data engineering
- Continuous optimisation of data systems and data architectures
- Help drive the development of new products and tools.
- Responsible for the development of the overall data platform architecture and pipelines
- Data Engineering on eco-systems with AWS or Google Cloud
- Keep updated of new data technologies and trends and recommend areas for improvement and innovation particularly in the utilisation of Data Engineering, Data Architecture including Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and New cloud technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with good senior-level stakeholder management soft skills and competencies
- 7+ years experiences as a Data Engineer
- Excellent knowledge of Google Cloud Platforms
- Significant working experience of modern data engineering
- Excellent experience working with SQL Server and Data Visualisation and analytics tools (Tableau, BOARD, Qlik).
- Experience of developing databases and data warehouses, and related technologies e.g., Spark, AWS, SQL Server, NoSQL, etc.
- A good understanding of Data engineering on eco system with AWS and google would be a plus.